Merry Christmas Everyone, I hope you’ve had a wonderful Christmas Day. I’m putting up these two recipes as an idea for leftover Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts, quick and easy and a great way to save wastage.
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon.
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- Leftover sprouts halved
- 50g of butter
- In a large frying pan fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove from the pan and put onto kitchen roll.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the sprouts and heat through. If using uncooked sprouts cook for around 15 minutes.
- Add the bacon and stir through.
- Serve and enjoy this alternative way to have sprouts.
- Leftover or freshly cooked potato
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 100g of strong cheese grated
- Heat the potato and mix through the garlic and the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted through.
- Grease an ashet large enough to the take the potato.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top.
- Cook in a pre-heated 180’c, 375’f or gas mark 4 oven for 35mins or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.