Ever fancied making your own butter, well here’s a wee video showing you just how quick and easy it is. It is a perfect time of year for making butter as there is often a glut of cream in the shops which you can often get reduced, mine cost 20p each. You can even freeze the cream and or butter for use at a later date.
- 600mls of double or extra thick cream
- ¼tsp of salt
- Put the two ingredients into a large bowl and whisk.
- You keep whisking until the consistency changes and the cream starts to turn yellow.
- At this stage you will start to see watery milk coming away.
- Pour off any excess liquid, keeping for scones if you like.
- Whisk some more until it starts to form a mass.
- Squeeze out and remaining water or leave in a sieve for an hour or so.
- Pat into a rectangle and wrap in greaseproof paper or freeze until needed.
- It really is that simple…….enjoy.
Happy New Year Everybody
All The Best For 2019