The cumulative total of positive covid cases in Orkney has now reached 116.
The stats for Scotland published on 8th July 2021 are as follows:
- 2,802 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 38,333 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 8.0% of these were positive
- 4 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 38 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 401 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 3,900,864 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,825,886 have received their second dose
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- download the Protect Scotland app
The NHS Scotland contact tracing app is free to dowload.
The app will alert you if you have been in close contact with another app user who tests positive for coronavirus. And if you test positive, it can help in determining contacts that you may have otherwise missed while keeping your information private and anonymous.