The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 907 as 1 new positive tests was recorded in the Health Board area.
The waste water monitoring for traces of Covid-19 ribonucleic acid (RNA) being done by SEPA and Scottish Water still registers high numbers in Orkney.
The stats for Scotland published on 27th November 2021 are as follows:
- 2,287 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 29,800 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 8.2% of these were positive
- 17 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 53 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 727 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,344,043 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,945,451 have received their second dose, and 1,598,749 have received a third dose or booster
- if you don’t have symptoms take regular lateral flow tests before socialising or mixing with other households in any setting.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster when offered
- wear a face covering where required
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- if you can, keep your distance from people not in your group
- continue to work from home whenever possible
- use the apps: COVID status (vaccine passport), Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland