The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,686 with a positivity rate of 531.3 per 100,000. (The Scottish positivity rate for the same period is 267.6 per 100,000)
Orkney is again at the top of the rates of transmission for Covid in Scotland.
Waste water monitoring is further evidence of high rates of Covid . Unfortunately it only covers the Kirkwall area.
With less testing being done and only weekly updates, the stats from Public Health Scotland on 22nd of June 2022 are as follows:
There is a very concerning trend in rises in those requiring hospitalisation due to Covid.
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
Categories: Local News