Last week I said that I was going to make Nick’s Special Beans but with his permission I am postponing until next week. On Wednesday I put up my video link for Chicken Casserole, imagine my surprise when I realised that I had not actually done the recipe for it. I intend to rectify that now. It may not win any beauty awards but, it is tasty.
- 300g of chicken breast
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- turnip, equal amount to carrot, diced
- 500g of baby potatoes quartered
- 2 tsp of garlic granules
- 1 tsp of vegetable stock powder or 1 stock cube
- 1 tsp of dried parsley or 1 tbls of fresh parsley
- 1 tbls of oil for frying
- Boiling water
- 2-3 tsp of bisto powder
- 1 tsp of cornflour
- In a large pan heat the oil.
- Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut through the middle of the chicken lengthwise and then cube, add the chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic granules and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot and turnip and stir to coat
- Pour over enough boiling water to cover.
- Add the stock powder/cube and pasley.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Remove your pot from the heat.
- Into a cup mix your Bisto and cornflour with a little water.
- Slowly pour into the casserole, stirring as you go.
- Put back on the heat and bring back to the boil.
- Adjust the thickness of the gravy to your own preference, either by adding more water to thin or more Bisto/cornflour to thicken.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Next week we will make the dish given to me from our reporter Nick Morrison for Special Beans, which I’ve paired with homemade chilli burgers. Really simple and full of flavour and protein. For this you shall need, 1 tin of beans, an onion, garlic, cumin, turmeric and chilli. For the burgers you shall need, 400g of beef mince, onion, garlic, herbs, chilli, breadcrumbs and egg if you prefer to use less beef.