It may be a fortnight late due to my yellow label bargain recipes but as promised here is my Lemon Drizzle Cake.Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 175g of self raising flour
- 175g of softened butter/olive spread/marg
- 175g of sugar either granulated or caster
- 1½tsp of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Zest of one lemon or a good squash of lemon juice
For the drizzle topping
- 85g of sugar
- Juice of one lemon or a good squash of lemon juice as seen in the video
- In a large bowl cream the butter and the sugar together.
- Sift in the flour and the baking powder.
- Add the lemon, eggs, sugar and combine.
- Pour into either a lined round or loaf baking tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180°c, 375°f or gas mark 4 for around 45mins, remember to skewer check your cake to see if it’s ready, the skewer shall come away either with crumbs sticking or clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin, piercing holes with a skewer.
- Combine the sugar and lemon together in a wee bowl or cup and drizzle over the top.
- Once cooled remove from the tin, serve and enjoy.