One pot meals are fab for many different reasons but the main one for me is having only one pot to wash afterwards. They are also great for serving at the table with people just delving in. Have homemade bread at the ready for this recipe to mop up all those left over juices. As with all these recipes, they can be adapted or added to as you wish eg if you have frozen sweetcorn/peas handy, throw in a handful for added colour.
One Pot Chicken
- 3 tbls olive oil
- 500g baby potatoes halved
- 300-350g chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic or 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 beef or 4 large tomatoes chopped
- 5-6 mushrooms sliced
- 2 peppers roughly chopped
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 bay leaves or a sprinkle of mixed herbs.
- 750 mls boiling water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot
- Add the onion and fry for 5mins
- Add chicken and fry until brown
- Add garlic, mushrooms, peppers and chilli flakes and fry for a further 5 mins
- Mix in the tomatoes, your herbs of choice and stir through.
- Then add the water, potatoes and the stock cubes cover and bring to the boil
- Turn back and simmer for 45 mins approx or until the potatoes are soft
- If you feel you are left with too much water, simmer for a further 10mins without the lid until the liquid has reduced and become flavoursome
- Salt and Pepper to taste,
- Serve with homemade crusty bread and enjoy.
Next Week Spag Bol:
Spaghetti Bolognese is a family favourite but for some reason people can think it is hard to make your own sauce, this is an easy alternative to using jars of Ragu etc. You will need, 200g mince, a tin of chopped tomatoes, a box/jar of passata, onion, mushrooms and a red pepper.
Leave a Reply