Sometimes circumstances dictate what we eat and this weeks recipe may just come at the time of the school holidays when you are running out of ideas to entertain, so why not get the children involved in this simple easy to make and please meal.
Helen’s pizza pastries
serves 4 or as many as you wish to make for (parties)
- 1 pkt pre rolled puff pastry
- tomato purée
- garlic granules
- grated cheese
- oregano or mixed herbs a sprinkle
- garlic granules, a sprinkle
- salt and pepper
- Ingredients of choice, I’ve used:
- Sliced pepperoni
- sliced mushroom
- sliced tomato
- Unwrap and roll out the pastry sheet, remove paper.
- Cut your pastry into individual squares 6 or 8 per sheet
- With a knife, score an insert in the pastry, like a picture frame
- In the inner square, compile your ingredients.
- Start with tomato puréé, garlic granules,a thin slice of cheese, peperroni, mushroom, tomato, salt and pepper to taste, oregano, grated cheese and another sprinkle of oregano.
- Milk wash the outside edges and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25mins at 200’c, 400’f, gas mark 5.
Next week Chicken, Ham and Leek pie, for this you shall need, 300g chicken, 1 smoked gammon steak, leeks, mushrooms, pre-rolled puff pastry, Bisto powder and cornflour.
These are yummy in the tummy🖒
It’s even easier if you use a bread crust – same recipe, just using a bread-crust or even a slice of chunky bread, then grill it ’til golden. lazybearfood.
Olives and chopped up peppers are a good addition too, especially for non-meat eaters.