Team Stromness has scooped top prize in a National Planning award ceremony in Edinburgh.
Among the points that impressed the judges were:
- Repaving the main street in Stromness in local stone.
- Construction of the landmark Warehouse Building.
- Paving and redevelopment of the wider pierhead area.
- Grants for private householders and businesses to help traditional repairs and refurbishment through the Stromness THI.
- Redevelopment by the Council of the Commercial Hotel through the Stromness THI.
Gavin Barr , Executive Director of Development and Infrastructure Services said:
“I’m incredibly proud of this achievement which is strong validation of the hard work and professionalism of the Council team, and the fruits of collaborative working with the community. There is heavy competition for this national award and it is fitting evidence of Orkney’s capability that we have come out on top.”