Curry is a family favourite and it does not need to be complicated, this time we are making Bhuna, the meat choice is up to you but for this I use Lamb.
- 350g meat
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic or 4tsp of garlic granules
- 1 inch of ginger grated
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbls oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onions and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add the garlic and ginger and further fry for 2 mins stirring constantly.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and chili and fry for a couple of mins until the oils start to seep out.
- Add the meat and cover with the spices and fry until the meat is sealed.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and the turmeric and bring to the boil.
- Turn back the heat and simmer for around 45 mins until the meat has cooked through, longer if you are using beef or lamb.
Serve with rice and naans and enjoy.
Next week back to Chinese with Chicken Fried Rice, for this you shall need, chicken, rice, peas, carrots, spring onions, mushrooms and garlic.
Leave a Reply