This week I am putting up another easy, have it in your cupboard stand by recipe. Not everything needs to be made from scratch especially when in the grip of winter bugs.
Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti
- pre-cooked Chicken, I boil up some thighs or legs for this, however any leftover Chicken or bought pre cooked Chicken will do. Usually 1 or 2 legs or thighs per person should be ample.
- 1 tin of Campbells Condensed Mushroom Soup.
- 1 tin of Carnation milk, approx 400g
- You can leave the ingredients here or you can add to the recipe with,
- sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp of parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper to serve
- If using additional ingredients, fry the mushroom for a couple of minutes.
- Add the garlic and parsley and slowly heat until almost boiling, if you are not adding to the recipe then follow from here,
- Add the liquids to the pot and stir until well combined and lumps have gone,
- Add your chicken, heat through and taste, if needed add a chicken oxo cube or two.
- Serve over Spaghetti and finish with black pepper over the top.
Next weeks recipe shall be seasonal Chicken Pie, for this you shall need chicken, carrot, turnip, leeks, onion and for the shortcrust pastry I use, plain flour, lard, butter and egg. If you buy your pastry make sure you buy the savoury not the sweet one. It is easy to make if you want to try to do it yourself.
Leave a Reply