This weeks recipe has in part been supplied by Nick Morrison one of our reporters. His recipe is for Special Beans which I have paired with a homemade Steak Burger. This may not be the most attractive of dishes, but it’s always best not to judge a book by it’s cover.
Special Beans with Steak Chilli Burger
- 400g of Steak Mince
- 1 onion grated
- 1 tsp of Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp of mixed herbs (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of chilli powder
- A little salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all of the above ingredients together and form into patties ready for frying.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry each burger for around 5 mins each side.
- 1-400g tin of baked beans
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tsp of garlic granules or 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 ¼ tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- ½ a chilli or ½ tsp of chilli powder, a little more if you like things hot
- Gently fry the onion for 3-4 mins until soft.
- Add the garlic, chilli, cumin and turmeric and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Add the beans and cook gently until your burgers are ready.
- Serve and enjoy a quick and simple meal.
Nick Morrison has also supplied next week’s recipe, this is for his version of Lentil soup, for this you shall need, a ham hough, onions, carrots, neep and lentils.