Nice and simple and exceptionally quick, Chinese hot and sour soup will be on the table in 30 mins, what’s not to like.
Find the Video here
Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
- 400g raw or cooked chicken thinly sliced.
- 200g mushroom.
- mixed Chinese vegetables fresh or frozen, a good couple of handfuls.
- 1 inch ginger peeled and grated.
- 2 garlic cloves or 2tsp garlic granules.
- 2 chicken stock cubes.
- spring onion for dressing.
- 1 tbls soy sauce.
- 1 tbls sesame.
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes.
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional).
- 3 tbls rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar or cider vinegar.
- 2 tbls cornflour.
- 1 egg beaten.
- 1 litre water.
Ok this is so quick and easy, so here goes.
- In a Bowl,toss chicken strips/pieces in the sesame oil, set aside
- In a large pot, put your water, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, chili, stock cubes and soy sauce and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 mins.
- Mix the cornflour with the vinegar, set aside.
- Add your vegetables and chicken and return to the boil.
- Slowly stir in the beaten egg to create strands.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in the cornflour vinegar mix.
- Return to the heat and bring back to the boil, cook for around 5mins or until raw chicken is cooked
- Serve with chopped spring onion over the top.
Next week we shall stay with Chinese and male a simple Chicken Fried Rice, for this you shall need, chicken, rice, mushrooms and some mixed vegetables.