Everybody loves a takeaway however these days they can be quite expensive, here’s a really quick and affordable recipe for everyone to enjoy.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 375g of Chicken
- A handful of Frozen Peas
- 2 Carrots diced
- 4 or 5 Mushrooms chopped roughly
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 cloves of Garlic or 3tsps of Garlic Granules
- 3 beaten, salted and peppered Eggs
- 3 tbls of Sesamé Oil
- 4 tbls of light Soy sauce
- 350g pre cooked cold Rice
- 2 tbls of oil for cooking
- 3 Spring onions sliced for the garnish
- In a high sided frying pan or wok, heat the oil and the Sesamé oil.
- Add the Chicken, Carrot and the Onion and fry for around 4-5mins.
- Add the Mushrooms and the Peas and fry for a further 3 mins.
- Add the Garlic and stir to coat.
- Pushing the Veg and Chicken mix to the side of the pan, add the Eggs to the empty side.
- Stir fairly quickly until the Egg is lightly scrambled.
- Add the Rice and drizzle the Soy sauce over the mixture.
- Stir gently until the Rice is heated through, taste and add a little more soy sauce and sesame oil as needed. Garnish with the Spring Onions and serve.
Next week shall be a family favorite, well my family that is, Tuna pasta, not as you would expect it though, this one has a curry kick.
Leave a Reply