This may be the quickest and the cheapest pasta dish you make, I think this would be the perfect student flat meal feeding 4 for as little as £1.50. Buying the initial curry ingredients entails spending around £2 but they will make multiple meals. I use a Maysan curry sauce which I buy online however there are substitutes available at local outlets, I am putting up photos of the various types I have found available and as always if you have trouble sourcing these please get in touch.
So if using the packet use about 1/2, if using the tub use 1/4 and if using the Maysan paste approximately 85gms shall do. (Madras curry powder can also be used 1-2 tbls should be enough).
- 400g Pasta
- Tuna steak in oil
- Chinese curry sauce as above
- 1 tin of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 stock cube, chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 pint of water
- Put the pasta into boiling salted water and cook according to packet instructions.
- In a separate large pot/wok heat the oil from the tuna tin and add the curry, stir for about a minute until heated.
- Add chicken soup, tuna, stock cube and using the water rinse the tins into the mix.
- Bring to the boil. If the mix is too thick add more water. (should be thick but not globby)
- This should take around the same time as it takes for your pasta to cook, drain the pasta and combine the pasta into the sauce mix and serve.
Leave a Reply