Those that follow our paper and my recipes know I’ve been concentrating on value for money meals, but heh everyone needs a treat so I am going to be putting up cakes, sweeties, biscuits etc occasionally. Today we are starting with:
- 1kg bag of white sugar
- 250mls milk
- 125g butter
- 1 tin of condensed milk (397g)
- 1/2tsp of vanilla extract
- In a large thick bottomed pan put the sugar, butter and milk, slowly bring to the boil stirring constantly.
- Boil for 10mins stirring occasionally.
- Add the condensed milk and bring back to the boil.
- Boil fairly hard for 20mins stirring constantly.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir through for another couple of minutes.
- Pour mixture into a lined tray/ashet and place in the fridge until cool.
- Mark out the squares in the tablet and return to the fridge until cold.