Got some over ripe bananas to use up, don’t bin them. turn them into his easy to make Banana Loaf. Both quick and easy, with or without topping, this recipe is a great way to prevent wastage. This is a very moist cake so don’t panic if it feels a little wetter than you normally expect.
- 140g of seived self raising flour
- 140g of butter or baking spread
- 140g of sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 ½ tsp of baking powder added to the flour
- 2 mashed up over ripe bananas
- In a large bowl cream the butter and the sugar together.
- Alternately add the flour and the eggs to the mix until all is combined.
- Fold in the banana to the mix.
- Pour into a pre lined 2lb loaf tin and bake in a pre-heated oven 180°, 375°f, gas mark 4 for 35-40 minutes until a skewer comes away clean.
- 100g of icing sugar
- 50g of butter
- Cream the butter and the icing sugar together to make butter cream.
- Spread over the top and decorate, I used a little cocoa powder.
Mix some icing sugar with a little water to make a thin icing to drizzle over the top.