News From Orkney Islands Council
Orkney Islands Council is seeking your views on new and increased charges for a range of services which it provides.
- New and replacement refuse bins.
- Electric vehicle charging.
- Collecting and kennelling stray dogs.
- Planning permission amendments.
- An annual landing ticket for private aircraft landing at Council airfields.
- Caravans, motorhomes and tents using carparks and other Council land.
- Use of Travel Centre facilities by coaches.
Feedback is also invited on proposed increases to current charges for:
- Longer-than-permitted stays at car parks.
- Special collections and disposal of bulky household waste.
- Road closures for road works.
The proposed new charges are here: Charging Details
An online survey can be found here: Consultation on Proposed New and Increased Charges
Paper copies of the survey are available from OIC customer services in Kirkwall and at the Warehouse Buildings in Stromness.
Please return completed paper surveys to Directorate Business Support (FAO: fees and charges consultation), Development and Infrastructure, Orkney Islands Council, School Place, Kirkwall KW15 1NY.
The consultation will run until Friday 18 January 2019.
Feedback can also be provided by sending a letter to the address above or by email.