Easy Peasy Peppermint Creams.
These super tasty, super easy sweeties are great for creating homemade gifts for Christmas. Get the kids involved, Grannies shall love them.
- 1 box of Royal Icing Sugar 500g
- 2tsp of Peppermint Essence
- 100g Chocolate (optional)
- Water, not much, start very slowly
- In a large bowl empty the box of icing sugar.
- Add the peppermint essence.
- Very slowly add water a little at a time until you have an extremely stiff mix.
- Roll into marble sized balls, if the mix feels too wet add ordinary icing sugar until the fondant is workable.
- Place balls on grease proof paper on a large tray about 2″ apart.
- Press a fork into each of the balls to create a flat and decorative sweetie.
- Allow the sweets to dry out until hard on the outside.
- Melt the chocolate according to the packet instructions and dip or cover your sweeties according to preference.
- Allow chocolate to harden, eat and enjoy.