This is another requested recipe which has come via You Tube, as always thank you for your support and your suggestions. Cottage Pie is a great recipe to make in advance to pop straight in the oven when you get home from work.
- 1-1.2kg of cooked potato, mashed with butter and milk.
- 350g Steak Mince
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- Turnip/swede diced to equal amount as carrot
- 1 Celery stalk (optional)
- 2tsp of garlic granules or cloves of garlic
- 1tbsp of tomato puree
- 2tbsp of Worchestershire Sauce
- 300ml of beef stalk
- A pinch of mixed herbs
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slices of cheese
- 2tsps of Bisto Powder and 1tsp of Cornflour mixed with a little water when needed
- Heat a little oil in a pan, add the onions and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the Mince and brown, add the garlic and mix through.
- Add the carrots, turnip, celery, tomato puree, Worchestershire sauce, tomato puree, herbs and stock, mix through and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 45 minutes until the veg is soft.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add your Bisto mix.
- Return to the heat and bring back to the boil stirring continually.
- Transfer to your cooking ashet, layer the cheese over the mince.
- Top with the cooked potato, spreading evenly.
- Using a fork score lines in the potato, dragging a few upwards for crispy peaks.
- Cook in a pre heated oven 180°c, 375°f, gas mark 4 for 45mins or until golden brown.
- Serve with veg of your choice.
Leave a Reply