This is an extremely quick and easy pasta dish which in this case I am using mince, however this could easily be changed to any meat or indeed extra vegetables of your choice including any left overs from a Sunday roast.
The secret behind most pasta dishes is that when using meat you use very little making pasta a great value for money choice.
- 2 tbls Olive oil/oil
- 100g Mince
- 400g Pasta
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed/2tsp Garlic granules
- Tin of chopped Tomatoes
- 1 red Pepper cut into chunks
- 2 tbls Worcestershire sauce
- a good squeeze of lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tbls Tomato Pureé
- 150 mls water
- 1 stock cube
- 125g cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan, add the mince and brown, add onions, garlic and red peppers and fry for about 5 minutes until the onion has softened, then add the Chilli and mix through.
- Add, tomatoes, tomato pureé, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, water stock cube and chilli flakes, bring to the boil and cook for 30mins.
- After 30mins put pasta in a pot of pre boiled salted water and cook according to the instructions on the pack, usually around 13/14mins. Once soft drain and set aside.
- Add cheese to the sauce stir until melted and then add the pasta to the sauce and serve, sprinkle a little cheese over each dish of pasta and enjoy.
Serve this dish with your homemade crusty bread and a salad/vegetable of your choice.
Leave a Reply