Orkney Fisheries Association are seeking expressions of interest from persons with interest in, or experience relating to, the Orkney commercial fishery with a view to working in hand with the current post holder on a phased transition to the full-time management role of Secretary to the Association.
Current duties include:
- facilitating the membership organisation through its management committee
- managing the financial security of the organisation
- promoting the membership interests in the whitefish, crustacean and bi-valve sectors in economic and research -led ways
- liaising with a range of governmental and NGO bodies
- lobbying in the interests of members.