Here’s one for the school holidays. Coconut truffles are great for getting the kids involved, gooey and sticky enough to delight children without too much of the undesirable mess. No need to use a pot thereby keeping this recipe safe.
Ingredients (yields around 20)
- 20 digestive biscuits
- 5tbls of cocoa powder or a mixture of cocoa and hot chocolate powder
- 5tbls of unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 75g of melted butter or spread
- 1x 397g tin of condensed milk
- extra coconut/vermicelli for coating
- Using a blender or a rolling pin, finely crush your biscuits.
- In a large bowl combine your biscuits, cocoa and coconut well.
- Add the melted butter and ¾ of the tin of condensed milk.
- Thoroughly mix together adding more condensed milk if dry or more digestive if wet.
- Roll around in the toppings of your choice to coat, put into small cases and chill.
- Enjoy with a well earned coffee for yourself and a glass of milk/juice for your little helpers.
- Have a wonderful summer holidays everybody.