News from Orkney Islands Council
A Christmas tree collection for households within 30mph areas on the Orkney Mainland and in the connected South Isles will take place in early February.
The real trees collection will be carried out during the week beginning Monday 3 February.
Trees will be picked up within 30mph areas that week on the usual collection days for refuse or recycling.
Householders who wish to make use of the service should ensure their Christmas trees are left at their usual refuse-or-recycling collection point by 08:00 to guarantee pick-up, as no additional collections can be offered.
Householders outwith the 30mph limits can visit their local Household Waste Recycling Centres at Hatston, Garson, Bossack, Cursiter Quarry and St Margaret’s Hope, where trees can be placed in the ‘green waste’ skips.
The collection for real Christmas trees within 30mph areas will take place on:
Monday 3 February:
- Area 1 – Kirkwall (Central and North West).
- Area 6 – East Holm, Deerness, Tankerness and Toab.
- Area 9 – Stromness (Central).
Tuesday 4 February:
- Area 2- Kirkwall (West).
- Area 7 – Kirkwall (South), Holm and Burray (North).
- Area 10 – Stromness (Outer Areas) and Stenness (West).
Wednesday 5 February:
- Area 3 – Kirkwall (Central).
- Area 8 – South Ronaldsay and Burray (South).
- Area 11 – Stromness (Outer), Sandwick and Birsay.
Thursday 6 February:
- Area 4 – Kirkwall (South East).
- Area 12 – Dounby, Birsay and Evie.
- Area 14 – Finstown, Stenness (East) and Harray.
Friday 7 February:
- Area 5 – Kirkwall (North East).
- Area 13 – Firth, Rendall, Evie and Harray.
- Area 15 – Orphir and Stenness (West).
For any enquiries, call the Council’s Customer Service team on 01856873535.