Karen Penny is walking the entire coastline of Britain, the islands and Ireland to raise £100k for Alzheimer’s Research.
She plans to be in Orkney for 11th January all going well and will be celebrating the anniversary date of when she set off while she is there .
In just one year she has covered an amazing amount of miles and just over £50k of her target.
Click on this link to her fundraising page for Alzheimer’s Research UK: The Penny Rolls on Walking the Coast of Britain & Ireland
Here’s where she hopes to be weather permitting:
- Tues 7th Jan Portskerra to Upper Dounreay
- Wed 8th Jan Upper Dounreay to Thurso
- Thur 9th Jan Thurso to Dunnet Head
- Fri 10th Jan Dunnet Head to Gills
- Sat 11th Jan Travel to Orkney from Gills to St Margarets Hope
- Sun12th Jan Orkney
- Mon 13th Jan Orkney
- Tues 14th Jan Orkney
- Wed 15th Jan Orkney