Happy New Year and welcome back to our Motorhome. Keeping things simple, here is another easy to compile pasta dish; which is great for using up bits and bobs from the fridge so with this in mind, this recipe is for guidelines only and can be adapted to taste.
Savoury pasta bake
- 400g of pasta
- 300g of cheddar cheese grated, keep some cheese back for over the top
- 4 large eggs
- 150mls of milk
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- Smoked bacon, cut into strips, optional
- 5 or 6 Mushrooms, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A splash of Worcestershire sauce, optional
- A knob of butter and a tablespoon of oil
- Part cook your pasta in salted boiling water for 9 minutes, drain and set aside in cold water.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onions, peppers and bacon and fry until slightly soft.
- Beat your eggs and milk together
- Add your salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce if using.
- Drain your cooled pasta. In a large mixing dish, combine all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a large greased ashet.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Cook in a pre heated oven 180°c. 375°f, Gas mark 4 for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove from the oven and give a wee shoogle. Your dish should be set, if it is not set, cook for a further 19-15 minutes.