News From Orkney Islands Council
From Monday 7 September Orkney Islands Councils Sport and Leisure Service will be taking bookings for their sport and leisure facilities ahead of their reopening during the week commencing 14 September.
Booking forms for the following facilities can be found here under the related downloads sections:
- Dounby Centre
- Grass Pitches
- Kirkwall Community Centre and Town Hall
- KGS Sports Centre
- KGS Weddings/Events
- Stromness Community Centre and Town Hall
- Stromness Swimming Pool
If anyone would like to book any one of these facilities, please complete the booking form and sent it to the relevant email address.
To book into fitness classes, gym sessions, pool sessions or a meeting/event space please see below:
- KGS Sports Centre – Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm 01856873535 and during evenings and weekends 01856872364, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dounby – 01856771280 in the evenings during opening hours email or email@example.com.
- Stromness Community Centre and Town Hall – 01856850712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kirkwall Community Centre and Town Hall – 01856873354 or email email@example.com.
- Stromness Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre – 01856850552 during opening hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hope Healthy Living Centre – email email@example.com.
Alternatively, bookings for the above facilities can be made by contacting the Education, Leisure and Housing service on 08156873535 extension 2415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings can be made two weeks in advance for people who are registered with ActiveLife and a week in advance for casual users, however as ActiveLife memberships are still frozen all sessions will be pay as you go.
For the swimming pool or any of the gyms or Group X classes, advance bookings will be essential, with each slot will be limited to a set number of users and there will be 15 minutes between sessions for additional cleaning
Face coverings must be worn when entering the facilities however, these can be removed when taking part in physical activity
Facility and activity timetables can be accessed on the Councils Sport and Leisure Facebook page as of Saturday 5 September, or by telephoning the Sport and Leisure Service on 01856873535 extension 2415 or emailing email@example.com.