Another 2 positive Covid cases in Orkney have been recorded. This is an extremely worrying upward trend in Orkney.
Travel in and out of Scotland is illegal unless for essential purposes. And the same applies to travel to mainland Scotland (which is under a level 4 lockdown) from Orkney. The virus arrives with people. The only way to limit the spread is for only those who have to travel for essential purposes to do so.
The stats for Scotland published on 12th of February 2021 are as follows:
- 830 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 19,184 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 5.2% of these were positive
- 67 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 115 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,472 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,113,625 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 13,566 have received their second dose
On Monday, 15th February, Quarantine hotels will be used in Scotland for those arriving on international flights.
But again for mainland Scotland, the advice is to stay at home
For everyone it is vital to remember FACTS and to download the free NHS Scotland contact tracing app.
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and book a test if you have COVID-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste)
- download the Protect Scotland contact tracing app