The cumulative total of positive covid cases in Orkney has now reached 116.
The stats for Scotland published on 8th July 2021 are as follows:
- 2,802 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 38,333 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 8.0% of these were positive
- 4 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 38 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 401 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 3,900,864 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,825,886 have received their second dose
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- download the Protect Scotland app
The NHS Scotland contact tracing app is free to dowload.
The app will alert you if you have been in close contact with another app user who tests positive for coronavirus. And if you test positive, it can help in determining contacts that you may have otherwise missed while keeping your information private and anonymous.
Nine more……for goodness sake…nine more.
And how many after the 19th of July when all restrictions are lifted in England and folk from England can travel where they like – possibly wanting to escape?
What the hell is happening in Britain today?
If each person does what they know they should do, and don’t do what they know they shouldn’t do – putting aside what they simply want to do, or would like to do – we might have a chance of ……………..well….something.
I’m not hopeful though. As the public has had years of being trained to have the attitude of “I want it all, and I want it now and I have a right to it, whatever it might be and however it might affect other people.”
But…..in this situation…..
“You can’t always get what you want – but if you try, sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.”
Someone I know said to me that, as I’ve had both vaccinations it should be OK for me to go among un-known people again.
This approach worries me, as…………..
If the vaccinations are, say 90% effective, that leaves 10% – 10% of millions amounts to a lot of potentially infected and potentially unwell people.
And, not everyone is vaccinated.
I will carry on as I am, but what worries me is that folk are seeing it that way.
Meanwhile – The Lord of Misrule is still there, soaking up the spirit of 10 Downing Street……… https://theorkneynews.scot/2020/11/19/downing-street-think-about-it/
Why is he, and his government, still there?
If my calculation is correct this puts the current case rate on Orkney the same as the whole of Scotland for the first time..
Not quite as high – but, nearly. However (splitting hairs), two of yesterday’s reported figures were Orcadians not in Orkney; instead they were on mainland Scotland. This brings Orkney’s rate for yesterday down by quite a bit. Still very high, of course.
Thanks for honing the data Malcolm – thank goodness in the right direction.