The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney now stands at 166 as 4 new positive tests results were recorded in Orkney today.
The stats for Scotland published on 11th of August 2021 are as follows:
- 1,498 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 32,735 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 5.0% of these were positive
- 10 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 42 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 356 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,034,420 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,375,524 have received their second dose
Please remember these are all people.
Deaths in Scotland due to Covid
- 8,013 people have died who have tested positive as at 11 August 2021
- 10,421 deaths have been registered in Scotland where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate up to 8 August
- 32% of COVID-19 registered deaths related to deaths in care homes, 61% were in hospitals and 7% were at home or non-institutional settings (as at 8 August)
Scotland is at ‘Beyond Level 0’ but people are reminded to:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering, clean hands and surfaces regularly
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland apps
Please remember not everyone can be vaccinated. Wearing a face mask is still mandatory in Scotland.
We at The Orkney News wish everyone well who is suffering from Covid, its long term effects or who have sadly had a bereavement due to this dreadful virus. Let’s stay safe and protect each other.