The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 219 as 6 more positive test results were recorded in the health board area today.
The latest data from SEPA of waste water monitoring in Orkney also shows that Covid-19 is very much present in our community.
The stats for Scotland published on 7th of September 2021 are as follows:
- 5,692 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 46,146 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 13.2% of these were positive
- 16 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 77 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 805 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,128,998 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,742,826 have received their second dose
As you can see people are still dying and becoming extremely ill from this highly infectious virus.
People are reminded to:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering where required
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland apps