The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 541 as 8 new positive tests were recorded in the Health Board area.
Over the last 7 days there have been 106 new cases in Orkney.
From 22nd to 28th of October the positive cases recorded in Orkney were as follows:
- West Mainland: 14
- Stromness, Sandwick, Stenness: 23
- East Mainland: 16
- North Isles, Linked South Isles, Hoy, Flotta, Graemsay: 18
88.8% of those aged 16 years and over have been fully vaccinated in Orkney.
The stats for Scotland published on 31st October 2021 are as follows:
- 2,513 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
- 27,809 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
- 9.6% of these were positive*
- 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
- 64 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 910 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,317,601 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,907,056 have received their second dose
*The backlog of results being processed at the Glasgow Lighthouse laboratory, which impacted on newly reported cases and tests over the last couple of days, has now been cleared.
Please remember to:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering where required
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the apps: COVID status (vaccine passport), Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotlan