The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is at 830 as 8 new positive test results were recorded in the Health Board Area.
84.7% of those aged 12+ years in Orkney have now had 2 doses of the vaccine.
18.7% of those aged 12+years in Orkney have had a third, booster jag.
The stats for Scotland published on 15th of November 2021 are as follows:
- 2,288 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 19,898 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 12.3% of these were positive
- 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are generally closed at the weekend)
- 57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 771 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,330,321 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,929,012 have received their second dose
Please remember to:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering where required
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the apps: COVID status (vaccine passport), Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland