The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 1,019 as 9 new positive cases were recorded in the Health Board area, 17th December 2021.
The stats for Scotland published on 17th of December 2021 are as follows:
- 4,336 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
- 47,082 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
- 10.1% of these were positive
- 7 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 33 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 522 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,367,798 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,986,305 have received their second dose, and 2,377,170 have received a third dose or booster.
* Public Health Scotland have made us aware that due to a larger volume of tests being processed, the turnaround time for test results has been impacted, meaning the number of tests being reported on today may be lower than expected.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- limit the amount of social contact you have with other households – gather in groups of no more than 3 households
- avoid crowded places – shop at quieter times and follow safety measures in shops and other places
- if you don’t have symptoms take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people – get LFD tests
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- wear a face covering where required
- work from home if you can
- take an LFD test each time before you visit someone in a hospital or care home
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland