The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 1,482 as 10 new positive test results were recorded in the Health Board area.
The stats for Scotland published on 4th of January are:
- 17,259 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
- 56,290 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
- 35.3% of these were positive
- 42 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,147 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,384,343 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,022,821 have received their second dose, and 3,006,133 have received a third dose or booster
* There continues to be large volumes of tests being processed by labs. This and the holiday weekend have impacted turnaround times resulting in delays between specimens being taken and results being received and reported. Public Health Scotland are continuing to monitor the situation.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- limit the amount of social contact you have with other households – gather in groups of no more than 3 households
- avoid crowded places – shop at quieter times and follow safety measures in shops and other places
- if you don’t have symptoms take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people – get LFD tests
- follow the guidance on NHS Inform on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- work from home if you can
- take an LFD test each time before you visit someone in a hospital or care home
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland
Full data in Scotland will not be published until 5th of January 2021.