These wee buttery, nutty delights are so tasty that it beggars belief at how easy they are to make. Known as Mexican Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes or Stateside as Snowballs (not to be confused with Scottish Snowballs), these will make even the most novice of cooks get WOW for a reaction.
Mexican Wedding Cookies
- 130g Plain Flour
- 125g toasted Pecan Nuts chopped
- 115g Butter
- 45g of icing sugar
- 1tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 125g of sieved icing sugar for coating
- Toast your pecans on a baking sheet for 8 minutes. 180°c, 350°f, gas mark 3-4
- Chop finely. I like to do this by hand, leaving some a little bigger than others. Set aside. Alternatively toast your pecans well in advance and store in your fridge in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
- Pour all your Cookie ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hand.
- Wrap in Clingfilm and chill for at least a ½ hour, but 2-3 if you have time.
- Once chilled fashion into small balls around 1inch in size and place on a baking sheet, using a layer of baking paper if your tray is not non stick. You should get around 24.
- Bake in a pre heated oven 180°c, 350°f, Gas mark 4 for 15mins
- Remove from the oven once firmish to the touch, these should still be pale in colour.
- Once you are able to handle these, they must still be warm, carefully toss in your bowl of icing sugar, place on a cooling tray.
- Once completely cooled, toss again in your icing sugar.
- If they last, store in an air tight container and enjoy.
1 reply »