The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 1,718 as 13 new test results were recorded in the Health Board Area since Friday:
- Saturday 15th January +17 cumulative total 1,705
- Sunday 16th January +5 cumulative total 1,717
- Monday 17th January +1 cumulative total 1,718.
The Stats for Scotland published on 17th of January 2022 are as follows:
- 6,221 new cases of COVID-19 reported*. Please note that this figure now includes cases identified using either a first LFD (Lateral Flow Device) or PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) positive test
- 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
- 43** people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,557** people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,400,229 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,087,517 have received their second dose, and 3,204,311 have received a third dose or booster
* Please note that, from today, positive cases are reported against the first positive reporting date from PCR or LFD (previously assigned to PCR reporting date).
** One health board has not been able to submit data since Sunday 16/01/2022, their data has been rolled forwards from Saturday 15/01/2022.
Link: Scottish Government blog post for more information about the changes to reporting on COVID cases.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people or visiting a hospital or care home – get LFD tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- limit your social contact – gather in groups of no more than 3 households
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- work from home, if you can
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland