The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 1,842 as 10 new positive PCR tests were recorded in the Health Board area.
The combined stats as published on PHS are as follows:
- PCR only: 15
- Combined LFD and positive PCR: 1
- LFD only: 24
- Total: 40
From 23rd to 29th of January 2022 there were 65 positive PCR cases recorded in Orkney – positivity rate 14.4%
The stats for Scotland published on 1st February 2022 are as follows:
- 7,565 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 30 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 29 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,177 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,416,119 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,129,347 have received their second dose, and 3,299,180 have received a third dose or booster
This graph shows the age distribution of positive test results (combined) for 1st February 2022 in Scotland.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people or visiting a hospital or care home – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland