The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 2,719.
From the 9th to 15th of February there were 301 Covid cases recorded in Orkney.
The stats for Scotland published on 18th February 2022 are as follows:
- 7,056 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 16 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 10 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 960 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,430,717 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,148,237 have received their second dose, and 3,377,893 have received a third dose or booster
Cases in the 4 nations of the UK for the week ending 17th February 2022
Deaths in the UK where Covid is mentioned on the death certificate
To help protect yourself and others:
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people or visiting a hospital or care home – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland