The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 2,852.
Saturday: 40 new cases , cumulative total 2,759
Sunday: 46 new cases, cumulative total 2,805
Monday: 47 new cases, cumulative total 2,852
From 12th February to 18th February there were 302 positive covid cases recorded in Orkney.
The stats for Scotland published on 21st of February 2022 are as follows:
- 5,307 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 0 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive (Noting that Register Offices are generally closed at the weekend)
- 13 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,051 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,432,566 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,151,403 have received their second dose, and 3,397,270 have received a third dose or booster
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people or visiting a hospital or care home – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland