The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 4,340.
Sadly another death due to Covid has been registered in Orkney on 12th March.
There is no data provided by Public Health Scotland for Saturday 12th , Sunday, 13th and Monday, 14th.
Between the 6th and 12th March there were 376 new positive Covid cases recorded in Orkney.
How well are we doing?
|Orkney new cases||Orkney |
The technical issue affecting yesterday’s reporting has been resolved. The backlog of data has been processed. Please note that today’s newly reported figures covers data since Saturday 12 March – however, trend data is available by specimen date on the PHS Daily Dashboard.
The stats for Scotland published on 15th March 2022 are as follows:
- 38,770 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 25 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 33 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,996 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,441,175 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,171,128 have received their second dose, and 3,468,504 have received a third dose or booster
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take lateral flow tests twice a week, and if visiting someone vulnerable or going to a crowded place – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland