The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 4,392
Between the 8th and the 14th of March there were 305 positive Covid cases in Orkney.
- West Mainland: 70
- Stromness, Sandwick, Stenness: 28
- East Mainland: 55
- Isles: 37
In Orkney 79.3% of those aged 12 years and over have had a third booster jag.
Broken down into age and sex group that is as follows:
The stats for Scotland published on 17th March 2022 are as follows:
- 9,721 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
- 28 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 31 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 2,038 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,441,461** people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,171,998** have received their second dose, and 3,470,435** have received a third dose or booster
* Please note that case figures reported today (17 March 2022) cover less than a 24 hour period. This is due to a reoccurrence of the technical issue from earlier in the week, meaning data has not been received since 2pm yesterday (16 March 2022).
** Due to technical issues, Public Health Scotland has not been able to provide vaccination data today (17 March 2022). Figures remain unchanged from those reported yesterday (16 March 2022).
To keep yourself and other safe:
From 21 March:
- you must continue to wear a face covering (unless exempt) in most indoor public spaces and on public transport
- some legal COVID-19 requirements will be lifted, and replaced by advice to encourage everyone to stay vigilant
To help keep yourself and others safe:
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- if you don’t have symptoms take lateral flow tests twice a week, and if visiting someone vulnerable or going to a crowded place
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- open windows when meeting indoors
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- work from home as well as the office if you can – businesses and workplaces should follow the safer workplace guidance
- use the apps: COVID status (vaccine passport) and Protect Scotland