The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 4,591.
The stats for Scotland published on 24th March 2022 are as follows:
- 13,564 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 50 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 26 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 2,322 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,340,913 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,089,448 have received their second dose, and have 3,445,629 received a third dose or booster*
* Due to methodology changes, cumulative vaccination figures reported today are lower in comparison to previous days. More details on the methodology changes are available on Public Health Scotland’s COVID-19 Daily Dashboard (Vaccinations page).
Please remember to:
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- if you don’t have symptoms take lateral flow tests twice a week, and if visiting someone vulnerable or going to a crowded place
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- you must wear a face covering (unless exempt) in most indoor public spaces and on public transport
- open windows when meeting indoors
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- work from home as well as the office if you can – businesses and workplaces should follow the safer workplace guidance
- use the apps: COVID status (vaccine passport) and Protect Scotland
It’s not only that restrictions have been lifted, but also that many aspects of monitoring the increase and movement of the virus are being abandoned………
Where do we go from here?