Grants of up to £5,000 are available from The Regional Food Fund managed by Scotland Food & Drink and backed up with £110,000 from the Scottish Government.
Mairi Gougeon, Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and Islands in the Scottish Government said:
“Since its launch in 2018, the Regional Food Fund has provided over £550,000 to 121 projects, and this additional funding will support many more projects and initiatives.”
Who can apply?
- individual businesses in the food and drink sector, including primary producers, on behalf of a collaborative group or project
- regional and community groups (both rural and urban)
- individuals on behalf of a collaborative group or project
Click this link for more information and how to apply: Regional Food Fund
The fund is specifically aimed at collaborative projects that:
- Contribute to the promotion and sales of regional produce
- Be collaborative, demonstrating a collective benefit to other food producers/communities and, where possible, a regional food group
- Align with the Scotland Food & Drink Partnership’s recovery plan and/or national food tourism plan
- Demonstrate a legacy
- Can be delivered by 31 March 2023
The deadline for applications is 5pm, 9 May 2022.
Fiona Richmond, Head of Regional Food at Scotland Food & Drink, said:
“The Regional Food Fund has already played an important role in promoting food and drink in local communities and delivering benefits to Scotland’s local food and drink sector over the long-term.
“It’s great to see the fund reopen and continuing to promote and encourage great local food initiatives by supporting regional activities, networks and collaborative initiatives across the country.”