The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 4,984.
The stats for Scotland published on the PHS Daily Dashboard for the 13th of April 2022 are as follows:
Hospital Admissions Due to Covid
From 22nd to 20th of March 2022 there were 96 deaths in Scotland where Covid was the underlying cause; 170 deaths where Covid was mentioned on the death certificate; and 182 excess deaths. Excess deaths included cancer (7); circulatory(38); Covid(96), other causes makes up the remainder. The next update on deaths registered in Scotland from NRS will be tomorrow, Thursday 14th April.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- if you don’t have symptoms take lateral flow tests twice a week, and if visiting someone vulnerable or going to a crowded place
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- you must wear a face covering (unless exempt) in most indoor public spaces and on public transport
- open windows when meeting indoors
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- work from home as well as the office if you can – businesses and workplaces should follow the safer workplace guidance
- use the apps: COVID status (vaccine passport) and Protect Scotland