The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney has now reached 5,114.
There were 16 new cases reported on 21st of April, and 9 on 22nd April.
From 13th to 19th of April there were 105 new positive cases of Covid in Orkney.
Sadly there was also a Covid confirmed death registered on 19th of April. The total number of Covid confirmed deaths in Orkney since the start of the pandemic is 16.
In Scotland there were 28 Covid confirmed deaths recorded today, 84 over the last 7 days and 11,924 in total.
The stats for Scotland published on the PHS Daily Dashboard for 22nd April are as follows:
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
- take a PCR test and isolate if you have symptoms
- take an LFD test before visiting someone in a hospital or care home