The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,214.
Over 7 days (19th – 25th April) there have been 103 new Covid cases recorded in Orkney.
- West Mainland: 23
- Stromness, Sandwick & Stenness: 10
- East Mainland: 16
- Isles: 17
The stats for Scotland published on 28th of April 2022 are as follows:
Covid Related Deaths in Scotland – Information from The National Records of Scotland
- As of 24th April 2022, there have been a total of 14,455 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- In week 16 there were 121 deaths involving COVID-19 (8 fewer than the previous week).
- The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 16 of 2022 (18th to 24th April) was 1,242 (16% above the 5-year average).
UK Deaths Involving Covid : on Wednesday 27 April 2022 at 4:00pm
Deaths within 28 days of positive test: 174,448. Within the last 7 days there have been 2,062
- England: 151, 680
- Scotland: 12,006
- Wales: 7,348
- N.Ireland: 3,414
Deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate: 191,277
- England: 161, 337
- Scotland: 14,267
- Wales: 10,005
- N. Ireland: 4,513
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
- take a PCR test and isolate if you have symptoms
- take an LFD test before visiting someone in a hospital or care home
Leave a Reply