The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,257.
From 24th to 30th of April there were 107 new Covid cases in Orkney.
NHS Orkney has posted the following statement to remind people about mask wearing and testing.
As a reminder, we are still asking anyone visiting the hospital or care homes to undertake a lateral flow test prior to arriving. Tests can be ordered online via https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow… or by calling 119.
We’d also like to remind everyone that when visiting a hospital or care home, you should ensure a surgical mask is worn throughout your visit (masks are provided at entry). For any further Covid information or advice, please see https://www.nhsinform.scot/…/infe…/coronavirus-covid-19/
These measures continue to be in place as Covid has not disappeared, we want to continue to protect our services and those most vulnerable in our community. We thank you all for your understanding with these protective measures.
The stats for Scotland published on Tuesday 3rd of May are as follows:
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home and rest if you have symptoms
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
- take an LFD test before visiting someone in a hospital or care home
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.