The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,263.
The stats for Scotland published on 4th May 2022 are as folows:
Over the last 7 days in the UK there have been:
- 79,310 positive Covid cases
- 8,840 people admitted to hospital due to Covid
- 12,475 in hospital due to Covid
- 304 people requiring mechanical help in order to breathe.
- 1,175 deaths which tested positively for Covid within 28 days.
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home and rest if you have symptoms
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
- take an LFD test before visiting someone in a hospital or care home
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
The current level of threat in Scotland is ‘medium’.